DRAFT MINUTES OF THE GAYDON ANNUAL PARISH ASSEMBLY HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL ON THURSDAY, 1ST MARCH 2012 AT 7.30PM
PRESENT: CLLRS: MR. J. CROWE (CHAIRMAN), MRS. M. FOX, MR. B. PRICE, MR. J. RICKMAN, COUNTY CLLR. C. WILLIAMS, DISTRICT CLLR. C. MILLS, C.HILL (Clerk) and 4 members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
District Councillor Wixey.
2. Minutes of the previous assembly (March 2011)
The draft minutes had been circulated prior to the meeting. It was agreed that they were a true record of the meeting and were duly signed by the CHAIRMAN.
3. Any matters arising from those minutes
The Clerk reported that there were no matters arising from the previous minutes.
4. Reports from the following people/organisations:
- i) Parish Council Chairman
- The CHAIRMAN said that 2011 was an interesting year and gave a brief update.
- ii) Councillor responsible for Cemetery
- CLLR MRS. FOX gave a report on the future plans for the cemetery.
- iii) Councillor responsible for Play Area
- CLLR. RICKMAN reported that he has started work on the play area. He thanked the residents who are helping with the refurbishment.
- iv) Councillor responsible for Definitive Rights of Way
- CLLR. PRICE reported that he is working with landowners to try and get footpaths reinstated as soon as they can after ploughing.
- v. Report on the Flood Defence Plan
- THE CHAIRMAN said that the Council is continuing to work on flood prevention measures. We are still working with the County Council on the Banbury Road pipe.
5. Reports from the District Councillor
DISTRICT CLLR. MILLS said that the District has had a Core Strategy Meeting and is arranging workshops. 8000 homes need to be built in the Stratford District. There are no large developments earmarked for Gaydon. 1% reduction in council tax. New housing must not be more than 2% of existing stock.
6. Report from the County Councillor
COUNTY CLLR. WILLIAMS reported that the County Council will not be increasing council tax. They have produced a 4 year plan. There will be less and less money available. The Police have increased their precept by about 3%. Work on the Banbury Road pipe will start on 15th March. Junction 12 will be rebuilt. Major street lights might be turned off at midnight. The County are improving Broadband reception.
7. Reports from any Parish Organisations
The Parish Magazine thanked the Parish Council and local businesses for their support.
8. Any matters raised by electors of the parish present
No matters were raised.
The meeting was closed at 8.15pm