PRESENT: COUNCILLORS J. RICKMAN (CHAIRMAN), J. BRINE, MRS. A. CONWAY, D. PIRIE, B. PRICE (from 8.50pm), C. HILL (Clerk) and approximately 8 members of the public

1. Apologies for absence

District Cllrs. A. Scorer, C. Mills and County Cllr. C. Williams (District and County Meeting)

2. Questions from the public

The Clerk asked if anyone knew who owned the black Corsa that was parked in the Gaydon Inn car park. A resident said that it had a flat tyre and had been parked there for several months. She also said that Spitfire Properties would be clearing the area and fencing it to stop fly tipping and parking.

ACTION: The Clerk to make the Police aware of the abandoned car.

A resident said that Church Road is being used as a ‘rat run’ especially in the morning peak hours when drivers try to avoid the Kineton Road traffic lights. Another resident reported that it is becoming difficult to deliver the papers in the morning because of the volume of traffic and also the dangerous driving along the Kineton Road. Why are County Highways not present at this meeting to update us on the issues we are currently facing as agreed at an earlier meeting? The Chairman explained that they are saying that County Cllr. Williams should be addressing and updating us on these issues.

ACTION: County Cllr. Williams to update residents on all issues relating to County Highways in January’s meeting.

Concern was expressed again that parking would take place in the 2 stopped up roads. Cllr. Brine suggested that if the roads were stopped up near the roundabout then this should limit parking. It was agreed that this should be discussed with County Cllr. Williams at January’s meeting.

ACTION: County Cllr. Williams to update January’s meeting.

Residents expressed concern at the congestion the temporary traffic lights are creating in Gaydon. They are delaying the school buses and children are having difficulty crossing the road safely to get to the bus stop. All councillors agreed that the situation is totally unacceptable and that County Cllr. Williams should be liaising with County Highways to find a solution. It was further agreed that the Clerk should write to County Cllr. Williams asking that he update the January meeting on all of the County Highways issues.

ACTION: The Clerk to write to County Cllr. Williams listing all of the issues the parish has with Highways and requesting an update at January’s meeting.

3. Declarations of Interest

All councillors declared an interest in items relating to the temporary traffic lights as they affect all residents.

4. Acceptance of the minutes of the previous meeting (November 2014)

The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated prior to the meeting. It was agreed that they represented a true record of the meeting and were signed by the Chairman.

5. Matters arising from the minutes of the previous meetings

(a) Village Green; details of suggested tree species to be sent to councillors

ACTION: Cllr. Price to send details to Councillors.

(b) Clearing of the Banbury Road ditch; request for clearance

ACTION: The clerk to write to Graeme Fitton, County Highways.

(c) Request for the ‘2 stopped up roads’ to be opened

It was agreed that the response received from County Highways explains clearly why it would be difficult to open them but councillors agreed that they could be ‘stopped up’ close to the roundabout.

ACTION: County Cllr. Williams to update January’s meeting.

(d) County Officers attending a meeting; see County Cllr. Williams letter

The Chairman reiterated that County Officers had been asked by County Cllr. Williams to attend one of our meeting but had said that County Cllr. Williams should be updating us.

(e) Improvements to Junction 12; response

The Clerk reported that the Highways Agency has said that the proposal to develop the junction and the preliminary cost estimate associated with this has been prepared and put forward by the County Council. The Highways Agency did have sight of the Strategic Transport Assessment (STA) drafted by the County Council but has had no input to the detail. Once the Kingston Grange Transport Assessment has been prepared the Agency will then consider in more detail the proposal. Cllr. Mrs. Conway read out from the STA the details relating to this junction. Councillors agreed that more detail was required and that County Cllr. Williams should be asked to provide this detail.

ACTION: County Cllr. Williams to update January’s meeting.

(f) Temporary traffic lights; review

Cllr. Mrs. Conway said that she has received a number of complaints from residents regarding these lights. Councillors agreed unanimously that the Parish Council would support complaints relating to delays to school buses, congestions issues, health and safety issues caused by these lights.

6. Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath New Settlement Proposal

(a) FORSE update

Cllr. Mrs. Conway reported that the inspection starts on 6th January for 4 weeks. FORSE have been answering the inspector’s questions. They have been asked to speak 5 times and Chesterton Parish twice. The inspector is looking at separating JLR and the housing development.

FORSE AGM on Monday at 8pm.

(b) To appoint a representative to speak at the Cabinet Meeting on 15th December and the Council Meeting

It was agreed that Cllr. Mrs. Conway should speak at the Cabinet Meeting and, if necessary, the Council Meeting.

(c) 27th November meeting with SDC, JLR and Nexus Planning; feedback

ACTION: The Clerk to type the notes, circulate to councillors and then display on the website.

(d) Representation at the draft Core Strategy hearing; letter sent

It was agreed that Cllr. Mrs. Conway should represent Gaydon at this hearing.

8.50pm Cllr. Price joins the meeting.

(e) Green space between dual carriageway and village; to discuss planting, protection, management, etc.

The Chairman reported that Dave Nash from Stratford District Council has suggested that the Parish Council puts together a proposal for this area. It was agreed that this should be discussed with County Cllr. Williams at January’s meeting.

ACTION: January’s agenda item

7. To receive reports from District and County Councillors

(a) County Cllr. Williams’ letter

The Chairman confirmed that he has read out the relevant parts of County Cllr. Williams letter from the start of this meeting. He added that County Cllr. Williams states that health and safety is the responsibility of the District Council not County Council. He would like the Parish Council to reduce the amount of correspondence it is sending to County Officers. Councillors agreed that the correspondence would reduce if the Parish Council was kept updated on County Highways issues. The Chairman said that he did not believe that the remainder should be read out in a public meeting.

(b) County Cllr. Williams’ non-attendance

The Chairman reported that County Cllr. Williams has apologised for non- attendance at this meeting

8. To receive planning applications

(a) 14/02195/OUT - land south of Kineton Road (amendment)

No comments.

9. To receive any correspondence

(a) Winter Service in Warwickshire

(b) School House, Kineton Road - Deed of Covenant

The Clerk reported that she has received notification that School House has been sold. She was asked to acknowledge this letter and mention that parking is not permitted on the Green and that the tarmac area is for the turning of vehicles and not parking.

(c) SDC Draft Corporate Strategy Consultation

It was agreed that Cllr. Brine would look at this.

ACTION: Cllr. Brine to draft a response if appropriate.

10. Financial Report/Administration

(a) Bank balances

The Clerk reported the following balances; Community Account - £6,095.27 and Business Account - £10,594.17

11. Passing of any accounts for payment

The following accounts were proposed by Cllr. Pirie, seconded by Cllr. Mrs. Conway.

(a) C. Hill – Clerk’s gross salary (December) – £200.85

12. Closure of meeting

Next meeting; 8th January at 8pm.

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.20pm.