PRESENT: COUNCILLORS J. RICKMAN (CHAIRMAN), J. BRINE, MRS. A. CONWAY, D. PIRIE, B. PRICE, C. HILL (Clerk) and approximately 9 members of the public

1. Apologies for absence

District Cllrs. C. Mills (personal commitment) and County Cllr. C. Williams (illness)

2. Questions from the public

A resident pointed out that there are 2 sections of footway which is block paving on the Banbury Road. These sections are overgrown and required clearing.

ACTION: The Clerk to ask County Highways to arrange for these areas to be cleared.

3. Declarations of Interest

Cllr. Mrs. Conway declared a pecuniary interest in item 5 as an adjacent landowner. The Chairman declared a pecuniary interest in item 12 as a member of his family is listed for a payment.

4. Acceptance of the minutes of the previous meeting (March 2015)

The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated prior to the meeting. Cllr. Price proposed that they be approved, seconded and carried unanimously. The Chairman signed the minutes.

Cllr. Mrs. Conway did not take part in this discusssion

5. Matters arising from the minutes of the previous meetings

(a) Planning application no. 14/02950 - land adjacent to Gaydon Inn

The Clerk reported that an amended application has just been received. Councillors agreed that it was an improvement on the first application; 24 dwellings instead of 27. However, it was agreed unanimously that this application should be objected for the following reasons; the pond has been removed and this is sited as a mitigation method, overdevelopment of the site, drainage relies heavily on the Banbury Road ditch and the ownership of this ditch is in dispute, no community mix of housing, lack of parking, no community facilities, site is bordered by 2 grade II listed properties and this application will have a detrimental effect on these properties. Lastly, it was noted that County Highways has proposed that a section 106 payment be made towards 2 bus shelters on the Banbury Road. Councillors said that they would like to see the statistics that County Highways has used to establish that there is a need for shelters on this road before discussing further. They also stated that the parish supports one bus shelter but will not support 2 more unless the Highways statistics show an overwhelming need. Section 106’s should go towards supporting the community shop and providing community facilities.

ACTION: The Clerk to respond to planning.

Cllr. Mrs. Conway returns to the meeting.

6. Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath New Settlement Proposal

(a) Inspector’s Interim Report

The inspector’s report has been circulated.

(b) FORSE update

Cllr. Mrs. Conway said that FORSE are not responding to the Supplementary Planning Document since they believe it is premature and a waste of public funds. English Heritage is going to look at views from the Beacon Tower and Chesterton Windmill.

7. To receive reports from District Councillors

(a) New Homes Bonus allocation

ACTION: May agenda item

8. To receive report from County Councillor

(a) Funding opportunities

ACTION: May agenda item.

(b) Footway repairs

Cllr. Mrs. Conway reported that ‘slurry’ has been used on the footways. Councillors agreed that this was not an ideal way to repair the footways.

9. To receive response to planning applications

(a) 15/00012/OUT - Ferndale, Warwick Road; withdrawn

10. To receive any correspondence

(a) Highways Agency re. improvements to junction 12

Letter in office. Posters have been placed on the noticeboard and in the shop. The Clerk reported that the Highways Agency have said that they will be arranging regular meetings with a representative from the Parish Council to keep us updated. Councillors agreed that this was an excellent idea. It was further agreed that Cllr. Mrs. Conway would be our representative.

(b) Highways verge cutting arrangements 2014/15

Circulated via email.

11. Financial Report/Administration

(a) Bank balances

The Clerk reported the following balances; Community Account - £4,352.26 and Business Account - £10,599.72

(b) Website administration

The Chairman said that he would be happy to continue being the website administrator.

The Chairman did not take part in this discussion. Cllr. Price took the Chair.

12. Passing of any accounts for payment

The following accounts were proposed by Cllr. Price, seconded by Cllr. Mrs. Conway and carried unanimously.

(a) C. Hill – Clerk’s gross salary (April) – £205.28

(b) Mrs. J. Rickman - reimbursement for magazine paper - £17.00

The Chairman returned to the meeting.

13. Closure of meeting

Next meeting; 14th May, 2015

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05pm.